The Association usually offers five bursaries annually each for the study of new techniques abroad.
The bursaries are for the study of new techniques or to gain experience in the field of plastic surgery not available in the candidate’s own unit.
There is no restriction on the place but the visit would have to be for a reasonable period of time.
Preference will be given to trainees travelling abroad without other financial awards. Candidates seeking funds to travel abroad in paid jobs will be considered less favourably.
A maximum amount of £25,000 is available annually.
Maximum value of one award is £5,000.
The funds will be allocated at the discretion of the Education Committee.
- Must be member of our Association
- Consultant plastic surgeons working in the United Kingdom and Ireland within the first three years of their appointment
- Specialist Registrars (years 4-8) enrolled on a recognised training programme with the Specialist Advisory Committee in Plastic Surgery.
Your application will need to include:
- Proposed itinerary – This should be detailed and should give costs and the reason why you consider that these particular visits would be of value.
- CV– Maximum length two pages.
Deadline to apply: 7 January
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have questions about how to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Successful applicants will be required to write a report on their visit for publication on the BAPRAS website