These are designed for specialist registrars (years 4-6) enrolled on a recognised training programme with the Specialist Advisory Committee in Plastic Surgery and consultant plastic surgeons of not more than three years' standing
A total amount of £25,000 is available annually. Maximum value of one award is £5,000. The funds will be allocated at the discretion of the Education Committee.
The following members of the Association are eligible:
a) Consultant plastic surgeons working in the United Kingdom and Ireland within the first three years of their appointment
b) Specialist Registrars (years 4-6) enrolled on a recognised training programme with the Specialist Advisory Committee in Plastic Surgery.
• The bursaries are for the study of new techniques or to gain experience in the field of plastic surgery not available in the candidate’s own unit.
• There is no restriction on the place but the visit would have to be for a reasonable period of time.
• Preference will be given to trainees travelling abroad without other financial awards. Candidates seeking funds to travel abroad in paid jobs will be considered less favourably.
The closing date for submission of applications is 10 December annually.
Download application form
Please include the following documents
• Proposed itinerary - This should be detailed and should give costs and the reason why you consider that these particular visits would be of value
• Curriculum vitae- Maximum length two pages
Please note All applications must be typed
Please email completed application forms and attachments to email@example.com by 10 December.
In 2017 awards were made to Jeffrey Chan, Callum Honeyman and Jonathan Dunne