BAPRAS/BAAPS Aesthetic Fellowships
The BAAPS/BAPRAS Fellowship is designed to support post-CCT Trainee Plastic Surgeons wishing to learn skills in Aesthetic Surgery and Medicine.
4 Fellowships of £8,000 each are available for 2019/20. Fellows will be given the opportunity to assist a senior aesthetic practitioner and their team for a period of 3 months. The Fellowship will comprise the following:
- Exposure to a full range of Aesthetic Surgery including breast, truncal, facial and peri-orbital surgery.
- Aesthetic medicine experience including botulinum toxin and dermal filler procedures.
- The opportunity to participate in outpatient, pre-and postoperative care.
- Protected time given to individual tutorials on various aspects the Aesthetic Surgery syllabus.
- A supervised research project or audit.
The participating Programme Directors are:
- Mr Bryan Mayou, London.
- Professor Neil McLean, Newcastle.
- Mr Muhammad Riaz, Hull and Yorkshire.
- Mr Kenneth Stewart, Edinburgh.
- Mr Mark Henley, Nottingham
In addition, Dr Greg Williams will provide Fellows with an overview of hair transplant surgery.
Application process: Applicants must have an informal conversation with their chosen programme director who must undertake to support application.
Applicants may apply for to work with Programme Director.
The application form can be downloaded here