Ten awards of £500.00 each, available annually
The closing date for submission of applications is 10 December annually. The awards are made following the meeting of BAPRAS Education committee in February of the following year. Please complete the form at the bottom of this page.
Your application will not be accepted until we have received a letter from your host institution confirming your placement. Please email this to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will then be scored by members of the PLASTA National Committee.
Preference is given to applications that:
- Are made prospectively
- Outline specific expenses pertaining to how the bursary will be spent
- Involve significant exposure to plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Involve a project component that will aid professional development
- Clearly demonstrate how the elective will benefit the applicant
- Involve exposure to an environment significantly different to the NHS
- Demonstrate originality
- Do not involve providing payment to the host institution
On completion of your elective, please complete and return the elective report form below
Download elective report form
Awards in 2019
in 2019, bursaries were awarded to Alice Fort, Alice Lee, Azedah Yunus, Chie Katsura, Daniel Jones, Eleanor Lumley, Gemma Louise Stonier, Genevieve McMahon, Halimat Afolabi, Isabel Guy, Jack Starkie, James Moorby, Ji Hye Moon, Josh Clark, Jvalant Parekh, Kate Howson, Louis Dwyer-Hemmings, Luke Geoghan, Niall Kent, Toni Mihailidis.