BAPRAS is committed to maintaining your personal information in accordance with the requirements of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or destruction. We will process your personal data in ways that enable us to run our operations and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately, as well as to comply with any legal requirements and pursue the legitimate interests of BAPRAS.
Personal information provided to us (name, address, email, etc.) will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection or registration, in accordance with the preferences you express, and can be processed by us for a number of different purposes including:
• administration of membership;
• fulfilment of orders for goods and services requested, including registration for educational courses, scientific meetings and other events, as well as subscriptions to publications, e.g. the Journal for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (JPRAS);
• communication about our membership, events, fundraising and other activities that we think may be of interest to you;
• abstract submissions;
• grant and bursaries applications;
• administration of donations and legacies;
• research and statistical analysis;
• ensuring that all marketing communications you receive from us are relevant, such as tailoring messaging to our existing members and customers and potential members and customers to reflect their interests;
• complying with legal and regulatory requirements;
• verifying your identity when you contact BAPRAS.
If in the future we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that for which it was collected, we will provide you with information on that new purpose and any other relevant information.
We will hold your information only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it.
Your Marketing Preferences
BAPRAS always acts upon your choices around what type of communications you want to receive and how you want to receive them. However, there are some communications that need to happen regardless of your marketing preferences. These are what we would describe as essential communications to fulfil our promises to you as a member of BAPRAS or a buyer of goods or services from us. Examples of this type of communication would be:
• Membership-related mailings, such as your renewal reminders and AGM notices;
• Transaction notification messaging, such as payment confirmation or Direct Debit collection notifications;
• Communications about events you have registered to attend, etc.
Where we are processing data based on your consent, we will ensure that you are as fully informed as possible at the time as to how your personal information will be used, with whom it may be shared and how long we will keep it. This is in line with the requirements of the current data protection legislation.
If you have provided consent for the processing of your data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as, in certain circumstances, the right to data portability.
If, at any time, you wish to update or amend your personal data or preferences, or if you have concerns as to how your data is processed, please write to:
35-43 Lincoln’s Inn Fields
London WC2A 3PE
You also have to right to ask us, in writing, for a copy of all personal data held about you (this is known as a ‘subject access request’). A copy will be sent to you as soon as possible and no later than 30 days after your request.
If you wish to raise any complaints on how we have handled your personal data, please contact us, and we will investigate the matter and notify you of our findings and any remedial action taken. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe that we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Sharing your personal information
BAPRAS may use external third parties to process your personal information on its behalf in accordance with the purposes outlined above.
BAPRAS may share your personal information with the following groups where necessary:
• BAPRAS employees, members and volunteers
• The publishers of the Journal of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (JPRAS) and other relevant publications
• Event participants and/or suppliers of surgical equipment exhibiting their products at our educational courses or scientific meetings
• Organisers of other relevant events we feel might be of interest to you.
When we allow access to your information, we will always do so under strictly controlled conditions.
In limited and necessary circumstances, your information may be transferred outside of the EEA or to an international organisation to comply with any legal or contractual requirements. In such circumstances, we will put in place safeguards, such as the use of encryption, to ensure the security of your data.
Links to third party websites
We cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites and we advise users to read the privacy policies of other websites before registering any personal data.
This page will hold the latest information regarding our privacy and fair processing notification and we will refer to it when we ask you for your consent. This page will be updated from time to time to reflect the latest view of what we do with your data.