Information for podium presenters
• We support PC/Mac based PowerPoint 2010/2013+ and PDF files.
• Please note you will not be able to present from a personal computer- your presentation must be loaded onto the show machines at the venue.
• All presentations should be created in a 16:9 ratio. Whilst this is not imperative this format will make the best use of the display spaces being used at the BAPRAS conference and will ensure that all your content is displayed in the way that it was intended.
• Please ensure non-standard Windows fonts are embedded or forwarded with the presentation.
• PowerPoint supports the following multimedia file formats; WMV, AVI, MOV, MP3, MP4, and WMA.
Videos and other content
• Internet connections are not included as standard. No content within your presentation should be reliant on a connection to the internet.
• If you are using embedded video content, you are strongly advised to bring the videos as separate files
• Ensure you make our slide preview team aware of any sound requirements you have within your presentation.
• Ensure any photographs used within your presentation are correctly sized before importing to your presentation to prevent unnecessarily large presentation files.
• Although our machines are equipped with many of the latest CODECS (these encode and decode videos) there are hundreds in circulation, so even if the video plays on one PC it is not a guarantee that it will play on another. Early submission of your materials will ensure we have the opportunity to test multimedia files on our systems and resolve any issues there may be.
Loading your presentation
• You are advised to send your presentation in advance of the conference- email presentations to Maxime Leroy (firstname.lastname@example.org). You are advised to send files via WeTransfer
• If you are not sending your presentation in advance, please bring it to the control desk in the relevant room at least two hours before the start of your session. Clearly reference: the speaker name, subject and any further details to aid distinguishing your presentation from others. For example: 11:35 James Smith Presentation.pptx
• We can accept presentations on the following formats: USB Flash drives. We cannot accept presentations on the following formats: DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, the internet.