e-Posters offer an innovative approach to traditional posters and allow for significant time and cost savings for authors. e-Poster presenters should note the following information:
• Posters should be submitted as PowerPoint presentations only. Other formats cannot be accepted. The text should be roughly equivalent to lecture slides.
• Please DO NOT password-protect, encrypt or save your document as a PDF.
• e-Posters should contain a maximum of five slides
• Do not include videos in your poster
• Do not use animation schemes within or for transitions between slides.
• Presentations should be set up in landscape orientation with a screen ration of 16:9 (in powerpoint 2007/2010, these details can be accessed via the ‘design’ menu- select the ‘page set up’ option)
• It is recommended that font size should not be smaller than 14pt
• Powerpoint presentations must be received by the BAPRAS office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday 25 October.
• Late submissions will not be accepted, and your poster details will not be included in the programme.
• If your file is particularly large, you may like to consider sending it via a transfer or file upload service, such as wetransfer.com, or dropbox and sending us a link to your presentation.
• Save your file with a title that includes your poster number, title, and your surname
We will email you to confirm receipt of your poster. If you have not heard from us after three days, please call 0207 831 5162.
Viewing and Presentation
All posters will be available to view at dedicated e-poster viewing stations in the foyer
Each poster will be available to view throughout the event.
• We support PC/Mac based PowerPoint 2010/2013+ and PDF files.
• Please note you will not be able to present from a personal computer- your presentation must be loaded onto the show machines at the venue.
• All presentations should be created in a 16:9 ratio. Whilst this is not imperative this format will make the best use of the display spaces being used at the BAPRAS conference and will ensure that all your content is displayed in the way that it was intended.
• Please ensure non-standard Windows fonts are embedded or forwarded with the presentation.
• PowerPoint supports the following multimedia file formats; WMV, AVI, MOV, MP3, MP4, and WMA.
Videos and other content
• Internet connections are not included as standard. No content within your presentation should be reliant on a connection to the internet.
• If you are using embedded video content, you are strongly advised to bring the videos as separate files
• Ensure you make our slide preview team aware of any sound requirements you have within your presentation.
• Ensure any photographs used within your presentation are correctly sized before importing to your presentation to prevent unnecessarily large presentation files.
• Although our machines are equipped with many of the latest CODECS (these encode and decode videos) there are hundreds in circulation, so even if the video plays on one PC it is not a guarantee that it will play on another. Early submission of your materials will ensure we have the opportunity to test multimedia files on our systems and resolve any issues there may be.
Loading your presentation
We can accept presentations on the following formats: USB Flash drives. We cannot accept presentations on the following formats: DVD-ROM, CD-ROM, the internet. Presentation slides must be uploaded at least 30 minutes before the start of your session or during the refreshment breaks.