Student & Foundation
This Student Special Interests Group was established in 2016 in response to a growing interest in plastic surgery amongst medical students, and a recognised desire for students to become more involved in the speciality at an early stage in training. In 2017 we expanded our activities to also represent foundation doctors.
The group has 4 aims:
1. To promote plastic surgery amongst medical students and foundation doctors
2.To provide a forum to disseminate relevant information related to plastic surgery
3. To provide support, professional development and networking opportunities for students and foundation doctors
4. To feedback to BAPRAS information regarding student interest in plastic surgery
Membership of the SFSIG is only available to Student & Foundation Members of BAPRAS. On successful application, members will automatically become members of the SFSIG.
In addition to discounts on courses and meetings afforded by Student & Foundation Membership of BAPRAS, SFSIG members will:
1) Join a growing network of students/foundation doctors interested in plastic surgery
2) Receive relevant information and newsletters through the SFSIG mailing list
3) Have the opportunity to join the SFSIG Committee