The Student Special Interests Group (SSIG) was established in 2016 in response to a growing interest in plastic surgery amongst medical students, and a recognised desire for students to become more involved in the speciality at an early stage in training.
The group has 4 aims:
1. To promote plastic surgery amongst medical students
2.To provide a forum to disseminate relevant information related to plastic surgery
3. To provide support, professional development and networking opportunities for students
4. To feedback to BAPRAS information regarding student interest in plastic surgery
Membership of the SSIG is only available to Student Members of BAPRAS. On successful application, Student Members of BAPRAS will automatically become members of the SSIG.
In addition to discounts on courses and meetings afforded by Student Membership of BAPRAS, SSIG members will:
1) Join a growing network of students interested in plastic surgery
2) Receive relevant information and newsletters through the SSIG mailing list
3) Have the opportunity to join the SSIG Committee